Congratulations to the
2011 ITU Long Course Triathlon World Championship Winners!
Jordan Rapp - United States
Rachel Joyce - Great Britain
U.S. athlete Jordan Rapp and Great Britain's Rachel Joyce were the first the male and female triathletes to cross the finish line at the Henderson Pavilion, earning the title ITU Long Course Triathlon World Champion. The two competitors were among 900 athletes from 37 countries and various states participating in the elite triathlon. Due to low temperatures, the swim portion of the race was canceled and the triathlon began with a 120K bike ride near Lake Mead Recreational Area and ended with a 30K run throughout the hills of Henderson. The bike and run routes followed the same path as the popular Nevada Silverman triathlon, a course that has been branded the toughest in the United States.
It was an honor for Henderson to be the first U.S. city to host this prestigious event in the past 15 years. Congratulations go out to all athletes!
Top five professional men's results are below:
1. Jordan Rapp - USA - 5:00:15
2. Joel Gambles - AUS - 5:02:57
3. Sylvain Sudrie - FRA - 5:03:23
4. Martin Jensen - DEN - 5:05:23
5. Nicholas Thompson - USA - 5:11:38
Top five professional women’s results are below:
1. Rachel Joyce - GBR - 5:34:15
2. Leanda Cave - GBR - 5:37:35
3. Meredith Kessler - USA - 5:40:45
4. Nikki Butterfield - AUS - 5:44:34
5. Malaika Homo - USA - 5:46:37